Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Way Back When Wednesday Poem from the past

I totally feel like cheating tonight and posting an “old” poem from one of my journals. Okay, here it goes! I will randomly select a journal off the shelf and turn to the first poem that is there. The winner is…written August 17, 2005. Our son was about six weeks old. And how appropriate for today! He is ever a “diamond in the rough”.
Father’s Daydream
A little bundle of grace
Arrived on my doorstep
Crying, drooling, and wriggling
from the beginning
to be a part of me
he is a meld of us
bright eyed, wide eyed,
looking so wise
but with so much to learn
he blinks at a rate
of the millions of moments
that will pass
“before we know it”
He gives us more meaning and connection
He will take our strength
Spending our youth
Like one thin dime
Our diamond in the rough
Cut by “the expert”
Spit shined with
Torn rags of love

No comments: