Thursday, April 21, 2016

Poem #25 "Swim Lessons"

I don’t think many or some nights anyone is reading what I write here. My poetry this month hasn’t been as good as some in the past, I admit. I’m not well in the zone, but I’ll keep trying as it is a good discipline. I write poetry from time to time, but April is the only time I write a poem a day or try to do so. 
This month I feel like nothing is coming up new and it is mangled forms and words of the past, but I must march on to get to the other side! Last night I cheated, because nothing was coming and I was all tapped out, so I started earlier on this one and wrote it during my son’s swim lesson as you can see from the title.
Swim Lessons
The air is so dense
It hits him from
When he walks in
with an odor
That smells like only
Its own asphyxiating mixture
Something he once trembled
Balked to enter into
Now he slips silently
Into the wet wonderland
To learn, to escape, to exercise,
Body getting the mind in line
To serve him once more
Into the breach
Of boy meets manhood
Arms turn over one, two,
Pause and under he goes
To come up for air
He pushes forward to the wall
Just a touch to turn around
And start all over again

No comments: