Sunday, April 03, 2016

Poems #4 Here Comes the Sun and #5 One More Day

From Seattle’s amazing blazing sunshine and grand Spring weather this week to my not so sunny mood considering the recent death of my father. Yep, not the greatest poetry I’ve ever written, but honest in its desires.

Here Comes the Sun
Come and dare the day away
To see what we can see
Finding jewels in strawberries
And be what want to be
Sing the words we long to hear
Beyond the crystal sea
Streets crystalline that shimmer
A love-a-thon for free
To soak in the kind
And have in mind
All manner of mystery
Becomes apparent
As we inherent
Super powers beyond degree
Climb a tree
Plant a seed
Find someone to hug
Live a life beyond the screen
Frolic in the sun!

One More Day
One day is as good as another
Or so I always thought
Until the one I longed to see
Had been removed from his spot
He was always there
It seemed unfair
To now think of him as not
I wanted more
What had gone before
Seemed much too thin a plot
Now this day is marked gray
I cannot say
why this day appeals to me?
I feel unmoored, adrift, bereft
A lock without the key
I hear the years
Will scrub the tears
Well washed this day made clean
I want it now
Across my bow
One more day to dream

No comments: