Friday, April 08, 2016

Poems #10 & #11 Tied Together and A Gardeners Revenge

Tied Together
We were babies
We looked it
I was over eager
As were you
The day we walked
Together down the isle
It was super sunny
Inside and out
We were the happiest
Our families came together
They didn’t really
But we did
We are still
We two made a third
Who has turned the sun up
And caused more lines
Or gray hairs
But our love is magnified
With the chords of three
Bound together for eternity

A Gardner’s Revenge
Slosh, splash, splotch
The rain makes things rot
It goes through all I’ve got
And then some
Slugs clinging underneath
Slimy trails left as they creep
Mamas and babies found asleep
I slide them off into my pot
And salt them just a bit
They go into fits
Curling up
They’re caught
In my spring garden
I want them not!

No comments: