Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Lovin' those blue skies! Poem #16

Not a fantastic poem tonight as I think I write a lot about the blue skies or lack of them here in the Seattle area. It is just so wonderful when the blue skies open up and it makes me happy to be alive. So here is yet another blue sky poem, maybe tomorrow more will come to me, but tonight I'm just tired and it is nice to think about the blue, blue, blue.

Master Painter
Who paints between the clouds?
The blue, blue, blue growing stronger
Pushing out the white fluff
to flatten to wispy whispers
of their former formidable selves
the cerulean blue that begins as a tiny crack
outlines each cloud sneaking in to swallow it whole
without a sound, it gobbles it
greedily turning the whole
into energy that rakes the sky clear
making space for the searing sun
To spotlight each glittering wet sidewalk
where worms wait to crawl
back into soaked earth
Those that haven’t drowned
or are baking to stick there
underneath my shoes
as I stare up into the expanse
of blue sky that clears the cobwebs
from my dusty brain
Breathing deep the clear
and wondering who paints
such glory for our pleasure?
A rare glimpse of what is next
and the skilled brush
that constructs it all

No comments: