Saturday, April 27, 2013



Poems #27 My thoughts racing all over the map tonight. I wrote this first one and nearly didn’t publish it, but decided it would be good to do so. Here I am with 2 more for today’s entries.

Solo Story Project
Blank stare at the page
Matches my empty-headedness
As too many thoughts
Ride by the window
Much too swift and slick
To hold onto
Snatches of my father
Eighty-eight this year
Turning over that nine
He has almost run out of time
He sits alone and likes it
Yet he holds onto his stories
I’ve begged him to tell us
Before he goes
And turns up his toes
He hears me not
My sisters are someones
How I’ve wished to know
What dishes they have
Inside they keep
Their stories, not a peep
I overflow and they know
Most of what I know
I am a constant show
Wanting them to be my audience
Holding that front row seat
But like for Guffman
I wait and wait

Faith Story
Faith takes a fullness of being
To know what it is that makes us leap
We repeat the same patterns
The echo of past mistakes
And something says purchase that new item
Way over there that you know nothing about
That shouts“pick me!”
In the sea of other worn grooves
More than mere mood molds
That jump to a find
When we are lost
Cannot be found
We hear the sound
Of simple symphonic greatness
In one single note
We stroke that lamp
Hoping for smoke
Knowing there will be a genie
Kind or evil is not
The supreme thought
In this small action
This tiny tenacious turn
To hold onto the one thing we know
Leaping for what we don’t, can’t,
but must, must, must!

No comments: