Sunday, April 21, 2013


Poem #21 for National Poetry Month. Yes, this was my evening. I'm much better now, thanks.
Moonlight Lock Box
I slammed the door
Went out into the yard
Talked to the moon
Till I could sigh away
The clutching little
Green daemon digging
His nails into my last nerve
The screams from no where
The not complete thoughts
Fighting over every detail of my evening
Then to be tossed aside out of pride?
I couldn’t stuff the tiny murderous man
 shredding the curtains to my inner sanctuary
Into the box any longer
I lunged out for air
If I breathe deeply
He will suffocate
He will be blasted
by the pure moonlight
Bursting through the dark
Puffed up clouds
that threatens to pour down
 and drown my might
One more breath
A quick quiet prayer
Smelting together my resolve
With a placid permission
To return to the warm
Glow within the house
To travel a few steps
Of a thousand I have done
To remain, no longer ransacked, but restored

No comments: