Monday, April 15, 2013


Poem #15 for National Poetry Month
Virtual Earth Command
Everything is uncomfortable
Wavering in my eternal insides
Wanting and stretching the longing I feel
A spring that isn’t as sprung
 as it was two weeks ago
The sun out but cold
My heater holding back the night
I look at the sky and fight
The measure of might that seems so small
Withal I’ve been through
It isn’t enough to go on
To what I’d hoped
I could do by now
I do not wow those who read about me
But those I meet generally like my face
An honest one that smiles easily
Or shows the distant melodies within
They hear my voice
I made that choice
I’m still trying to play the ingĂ©nue
When I know I’m a character at heart
If only I could slip into another skin
I think then I could start
I pull the old blanket of stars tighter
As I see the pin pricks that trace
Shimmering to make my tatters
Into the queenly robe I think is somewhere else
Yet I wear it unto the end
When it shall melt and leave nothing but
Where I’ve been all this time
My place in space
In God’s amazing grace


No comments: