Tuesday, April 23, 2013


Poem #23 on Shakespeare’s Birthday! And the 20 year mark of my husband and my first kiss. It is a day I shall always remember. This is my somewhat clunky attempt at a sonnet. For my amazing husband of 19 years and to that first kiss that set our path together.

Sonnet’s Kiss
A glimmer cradled in gentle request
To enter threshold of my brightest gain
Thou play first ballads cause of amour
To render a sure sketch her diagram
But thou syncopate my heart to thy beat
Fueling my light’s flame with thy substantial song
Hearing our rhythm within friendship’s pace
Thy act had shown a cache our prize
Thou that art now the night’s fast prisoner
Broke candid company from frozen spring
Awaken thine own lips, saved from lament
And hover there over mine with revelry
Tender time tick tocks shall this moment toll
To see a future here, thy song esto perpetua

No comments: