Thursday, April 11, 2013

Poem #11 for national poetry month.

Pay Day
Getting paid what you are worth
Is it worth it?
To know what you do is valued
Beyond your own ideas
Of what is valuable?
I value this chair I sit on
It holds me up in a comfortable position
It helps me be closer to part of the world
It is useful
Am I or anyone as useful as this object?
I do object to being treated like a much neglected chair!
Where oh, where do I go from here?
A distant shore in a small boat sounds heavenly
Where the sea rolls in and takes me away to be
Someone who rules a small kingdom
The subjects adore my every hum
There will be some that say never
She isn’t what we expected
But I shall be protected
From them ever coming near
As I sweep out the boat
Sending them out to float
On a very stormy sea

No comments: