Thursday, April 03, 2014

Zombies

I’ve been listening to my son pontificate about the game “Plants vs. Zombies” linking it to in his mind life, death, adoption, birth, safe, unsafe, real, not real, people we know, past pets, relatives, and fictional characters. That is probably where this came from. It has been the through line of his talks today. 

Mulching Everyday Zombies
Zombies are not real
At least that is what we feel
But I can tell you for one
That I have seen those
Who are not fun
They preen and pose
A fashion show of carrion
Brains exposed
Spilling out guts
Stuck in a rut
And rotten
Then there are those that wander
Bellowing deep thunder
To be heard coming a mile off
Like pigs grunting at the trough
They never shut up
And most often can be avoided
Unless cornered, that’s tough
I recommend you run
Bring love
Yes, zombies are never lovers
Or dreamers or really runners
They are slow stumblers
Grasping, stubborn lumberers
Falling to dust
They bust
From a small pea
Shot by me
My flower of sun
that is how they are stunned

They are hit through the heart

No comments: