Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy birthday Master Shakespeare!

Drat! I did push publish just as my computer said midnight. I wrote this for the 23rd. My yearly attempt to write a sonnet.

Well Past Two
Foreswear late nights gone from my loving bed
Repose with me a while as dreamers do
I know you hold on tight to common led
Of work that drives past your desired coup
I long to get ahold of you once more
And bounce to bright arrests of awe be bound
A stroll by our lush languid lilting shore
Strikes a tingle to my toes and then
Converse of all our wants for so much more
Press now into each other’s curvy bends
You do fulfill my soul, my dearest friend
Implore your will do not leave love’s seared seal
Sung sweet surrender eases now our mend

Swerve not from chamber secret hour to spend

1 comment:

bonesong1@gmail.com said...

Steve, this "comment" does not have anything to do with my poem or my blog. If you want to write a blog---great and you can post on your page. If you'd like to respond to what I write---great. But please refrain from posting your blog entries as a comment on my blog. Thank you!