Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The last one for NaPoWriMo 2014!

Clearance Rack
My box of flowers is planted in the sun
I like the ones best that I rescue
The clearance rack a six pack for $.75
It makes me feel like I’ve won
I plant quite a mixture
This year I’ve separated out one
Amongst the throng to be the odd one out
I spy that dramatic purple pansy
Sitting there amongst the small forest of fuchsias
Or the one deep wine geranium
That sits as the parent presiding
Over all the tiny violas yellow, blue, and orange
I think, "why am I singling out this one?"
Because I feel I have become singular
Or my circumstances or my child’s
That I can no longer stand with the group
I am a flower, but such a different hue
My son is too
And that is the glue
That binds our hearts
As we grow
Planted to stand out
Even though the others are glorious too
We are not like them
We are not like each other
But we are all complimentary together
Making the whole garden
More unique and even more beautiful


No comments: