Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Rediscovering Easter eggs

We dyed Easter eggs together this afternoon for the first time ever. My son had never done it and I hadn’t done it since I was a child. We did this with a friend and it was fun. He stuck with it so much better then frosting gingerbread men this Christmas. I think it was the ease and color and he has a fascination whenever I bring out eggs. He doesn’t eat eggs and won’t try them, but loves to talk about them, hold them, crack them if helping me bake something, and now I know he loves dying them too.


Fizz Fuzz Easter Does
Eggs hard boiled
I feel loyal
To that green
And yellow scene
With the white bunny
Who looks so funny
Legs crossed cockily
leaning on a big tree
he smiles at the eggs
under his legs
like he has just hatched
this great big batch
Eggs of many colors
not made out of rubber
but looking festive
We did our best of
vinegar and dye
spheres of sky
or ovals of gold
other hues unfold
sunset orange into view
serene green pulled from our stew
Purple with one pink dot
Emerges to surprise our lot
We discover childhood again
An Easter bright spot




No comments: