Thursday, April 10, 2014

Clara Bow Grounded
I have a cracked angel that looks down on my desk
From the corner of the window brace
The cracks have made her a bit of a mess
But they have missed her face
Going through her wings
And hands like lace
Her expression stings
As she looks up in exaggerated exasperation
I think that is why I’ve kept her
Her clear struggle in Heavenly realms or disdain
She hunches slightly in a blue faded gown
And a red kind of sweat-band graces her brow
Her hands rest in the prayer fold
Under her chin
She looks like she is tired of being told
And her patience is wearing thin
She is more of a faded movie star
From a silent picture
Her hopes screwed tightly in a jar
She will not give a lecture
Weeds are at her feet
Clouds are in her sky
If only she could speak
She would utter why, why, why, why
Her questions lead me to cry with her
Some days inside, I too die
Some days I hope of much better
The why does not scare or scar us
We do not fuss
We stand and fume
Breathing in the perfume
A God given scent

An angel’s natural musk

No comments: