Monday, April 21, 2014

Images....

Photo Shop
I look in the mirror and think, ”Who is that?”
She looks distantly familiar as my memory of her
Is more vital and vibrant then what I see here
Away from the mirror talking with my people
Those who know what I’m talking about
And listen and we exchange deep longings
Or likes of what has shaped us
I know she is beautiful and bursting with life
I don’t need to look in the mirror
When I see a recent snap shot that someone
Shows me to ask if they can post it online
For all the world to see and I say yes
Even though there is that woman I don’t recognize
Her lazy eye drooping down
Her tired face smiling
Yet dug down dried out
Puffed out is more like it
She stands there insulated
With more lard then a Southern pork pie
Protected from the barbs
Wrapped up in bubble wrap
So as not to break when bumping into walls
Or ceilings of glass 
or ones made from her own fresh fears
She makes me mad to see
I don’t like her much
This outside stuff that makes her portrait
Of the moment, but not how she feels
I pick up an old photo of time gone by
One where my hair is curled just right
My smile is energetic and eyes wide to the world
I'm not fat or too thin,
I am radiant with confidence
And alert looking for that next opportunity
To stand on my soapbox and sing!
I like her
I want her
I desire to see her again
I’d like to chat with her
Well, I do
But she seldom talks back to me

No comments: