Saturday, April 11, 2015

Springy thoughts NaPoWriMo #15

Fertile Fuchsia Fantasies
A friend of mine calls them ballerina skirts
I see the thin little legs and ball feet
Peeking out from under purple and pink ruffles
Arms gracefully extended
Head back and arched
In a rounded impossible lithe arc
As she dances in the wind
Bounced along to the entrance of spring
The wet fat rain dripping from her
Not skirt, but perhaps a hat
Arms bending down to stretch out
The soreness of winter
My son sees possibility of pots of aliens
In florescent suits
Landed to grow
And someday takeover
Splashing shocking swaths of paint
To brighten up our existence
Their wrinkled faces
Grimacing and winking
As they extend their tongues
To taste what we have
The spidery legs
Wiggling to life
With each pass of cloud
And stretching out to conquer
They take over
My exercising ballerina aliens
Delight me each spring
Appearing when I most need the takeover
From winter’s doldrums and dreary delusions
I delight in the fuchsia dance
Dominating my garden



No comments: