Sunday, April 05, 2015

Craving for something....NaPoWriMo #8

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter today! It was a quiet one for us and that was very good for me. I was happy for some time to slow down. The pictures are a few of the favorites I snapped of the chalk drawings our Sunday School kids did at church today. It is part of our "tradition" and I look forward to that art every year as it also opens up my heart wider to possibilities seeing the children tell this Jesus story.

Easter Sweets

Fresh mowed grass
Bare feet wiggling in the cool wet
Running pell-mell to find more
Yellow ruffled chiffon dress
Bouncing up and down
Stopping only to seek
Multi colored plastic eggs
To find treasures of sugar delight
A height of childhood innocence
Jesus is my friend come to save us all!
Easter was sweet
In a van listening to The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe read aloud
By the silvery, deep voice of my theatre proff
Hours leaning and sleeping on friend's shoulders
Visiting the northwest for the first time
Staying up all night talking
Giving out testimony and taking other’s lives in
Performing night after night
In churches, to church suppers, and then homes
Of strangers and those we sought to serve
They served us
Took my first ferry ride
Returned to my Iowa apartment
After drama team tour to find
Someone had left a huge basket of chocolate
To break my Lenten fast on Easter morning
Easter was sweet
In a church in Paris a surprise
They ask if anyone would like to sing
The Hallelujah chorus at the end
Come down front
Just as I had been doing
At my home church
For over ten years
And sung in my high school choir
For four years
It is a part of me
Soaring with the regal strains
“The kingdom of this world…
Is become…
The kingdom of our Lord
And he shall reign forever and ever….”
Handel’s penning had pierced me through
With joy once more
Easter was sweet
Today, a remarkable call
Drawing close
By nothing remarkable at all
Reading more
Sitting still
Finding help
Leaning
Seeing
Seeking
A revelation between the confession time or sermon
As if it is all for the first freshness
As if it is a still small voice rekindling
As if the sweetness is not squeezed out
But blossoming to fuller fruit
He finds me here
Not there
Not anywhere else
Waiting
Wanting
Watching
Willing
Easter is sweet

No comments: