Monday, April 20, 2015

I really do have a headache...NaPoWriMo #28

I really do get a lot of barometric pressure headaches. Being outside today for part of the day helped, but it returned this evening. I hear it is going to rain tomorrow. That will help too, but for now it is literally all that is on my mind.

Barely There

A light nagging in my noggin
All day long and into the evening hours
Just enough to let me know it is there
Right between my temples
At the top of my nose
Extending like a halo round
My head is cloudy
Clumsy movements
Fumbling flights
Lingering on a second
A minute or an hour
The constant pressure
Of an unknown hand
Presses down
Keeping time
With my lack of it
Not knowing why
I cross from my office
Into the kitchen and back
With nothing in my hands
I sit down
Start over
Stare out
Hoping it will rain soon
To release that valve
That holds the steam
From escaping
So my whistle
Can blow
To make tea
On this lovely afternoon
Smelling the flowers
See the bright colors
Not screaming
But loving
A queen’s pleasure
in this measure
Released from this prison
to breathe in spring’s joy

No comments: