Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Hard Day's Night NaPoWriMo #19

Spasm
Grabbing surges of back and forth
Over and over trembling
Spasms of love
Of hope for something better
I think about what just happened
And what could have
And what might still
I am tossed by this and that
Up and down with the wind
Pushing me where it is blowing
But not knowing where that is exactly
It is not a path laid out neat
But a forest so deep
I know the trees are there
as I bump along into them
trying to stay on the winding
root bound trail
where I stumble
to not fall into one more
overgrown nothingness
that I look up from my sprawled state
wondering “where am I?”
that pulsating presence
that tells me my structure
is tired of holding up
the bones in place
with muscles worn out
hurting, sore, and trembling
to do their job
or for me to do the job
I was born to
You were born to me
To take care of
That is my job
I know it in my bones
And I ache as I try
To hold up
Hold in
Help you
Hold up
Hold in
Hurt less
I confess, I want for us both
To succeed and not bleed out
All our life blood
In holding each other up
close and tight

No comments: