Monday, April 30, 2018

NaPoWriMo: #35 Plumbing rules my existence anymore....


Not brilliant or hilarious, but a little bit lighter. This gal has a lot to work on tonight besides doing this, so this will have to be my last poem this month. (This probably really comes from spending most of my days around middle school boys!)

I’m tempted to keep writing tonight, but I must pour that effort into my grad school studies and otherwise. (Only 15 more days till I take the dreaded math test again!) Goodnight all. Be good to each other. Check back from time to time as I do post poetry and prose up here from time to time. But for now….

It’s All about the Plumbing
Pipes full of suspect wipes
Everything going down the drain
My brain included!
I have eluded to otherwise, but no,
I am not a pro at poo
It is such a stew
To not know how to grow up
Making all breakdowns a big issue
When much is clogged
A bog in my head,
Such a fog,
Then I lie down in bed
And my insides start to rumba
I won’t get no slumber
Over this sticky issue
It is all in my head
Makes me see red
There is a flash in my lumbar
Looking to spar with me
Nope, gotta pee!
I get there feeling relief
And good grief! What is that?
I hit to flush and there is no rush
I have to take off the top
Get a mop and pray
Why can’t this happen in the day?
To bed I toddle after this waddle
Where I sleep the fitful fain
Getting up in pain
My middle is squashed by a chain
Pulled tight
It isn’t the main concern
It doesn’t burn---just heavy
A bevy of suspects I detect
And think I might spend my day in the privy
A chance at not being the resident skivvy
I stretch it out with grumble and pout
Moving despite the internal shout
Uh, gotta run! Something has started to come
Flushed out clean
Ah, serene!
And the toilet went too---yahoo!
Now if the coffee will just help me start
Today, I might sound smart
Caffeine highway, here we come!
Making sure everything is plumb!

No comments: