Friday, April 27, 2018

NaPoWriMo: #33 Stuff, things, and more uh...stuff....


Banged this out in literally less than 10 minutes as I don’t have time tonight to think a lot through writing poems---no thesaurus or rhyming dictionary tonight---nope, just my gut. I’m in the middle of writing a paper and have to get back to it as I’m highly distractible right now. I’m not sure what all of this poem means, but maybe some of you can read it and tell me.

Accumulation of the Heart
The urge to purge surrounds me
It astounds me how much I’ve accumulated
I feel dated by this stuff
And yet I go on
somewhere says it isn’t enough
To bathe in things
That ring round and cause me to dizzy
How to get rid of it
Before it is too late
And someone else at my gate
Sighs saying they don’t know what to do
With my stuff!
Still here I sit
Dripping wet with wiggly wonders
That wanders all over my house
It is surprising we haven’t been
Torn asunder by the weight
Of our collective junk pile
Of what is in and out of style
And is hot and not
It is maddening to think about
When it throws a doubt
About what matters
We are scattered
Inside and out
Still,  I see something with glee
When given to me
And I love to gift things to my friends too
A map, a picture, a pen, a shoe
To pick up the blue
I give with much intended
As I befriended this thing
I bestow on you
And hope that you love it too
I’ve given experiences
But it doesn’t reverse
My pattern of giving something
To someone for that bling
Of enthusiasm
Such sparkle and glee
Pointed towards me
Or away from how deeply
I feel and cannot deal
With the daily dose
Of how to say more
As I’m verbose
On paper
But I’m an escaper
Who would rather give
A token
That might get broken
But with great care
I place it within your reach
So we can bare
What to keep

No comments: