Tuesday, April 24, 2018

NaPoWriMo: #30 Boy at bedtime again



This is the boy and my about every other night routine. My office door opens to face his room and he always closes his door, but I keep mine open.
How l think of him when he calls (age 7)



After Bedtime 911 Call
“Mama!” you bellow down the hall
I come to your call
Even though I know this time it isn’t urgent
I can tell from your tone it is convergent
Of need, a question, and a seed,
The need being how you feed
Our bond of parent child
I have to smile
I come to help
When you utter a yelp
“What is it my lamb?”
As calm as I am
A million things pull at my sides
This holding me firm as I’d just hit my stride
“I need you in here!”
Your panicked wail trimmed in fear
I throw off the weights
Ignoring my plate
And enter your room
Dark as a tomb
I make out your familiar outline
You on your bed, a shrine
That is covered in soft mountains
Of blankets, now exploded like fountains
I see how you need aid
For this I should get paid
That thought is brief
As I help and you get relief
I know this  need swiftly turns to question
Someday you are destined
To discover the cure to cancer
From all the quislings you get answered
The questions come in a flood
My head now stuck in deep mud
As I try to be coherent
And you endeavor to bear it
As there is so much I don’t know!
This is him  Nov. 2017 taking a computer apart!
I am not a computer pro!
You move on to plant
Knowledge that I can’t
Even begin to understand
I pick apart the strand
You take your Mama’s hand
This part I like, it’s grand
I know you’re settled in
The real goodnight begins
Whatever I wanted to get done
This is a better prize I’ve won

No comments: