Monday, April 16, 2018

NaPoWriMo: #20 Little Boy Blue

I know I missed last night! Not a perfect month for me, but I'll end up with more than 30 poems despite missing a couple of days.
This poem is not about my son, but about a student I work with every day. He’s a good kiddo and I love who he is---so this is for him.
Little Boy Blue
Running down the hall
You hardly heed my call
I don’t want you to fall
As you jungle jump
Racing not caring
It’s me you’re trying to dump
Oh, I know, Little Boy Blue
You cringe when I laugh
You don’t value the past
The present is formidable
When you aren’t kidable
You run and slide
I try not to hide
My face to you
Even when you’re blue
Or throwing shoes
Silly Boy Blue
I take your cue
Here from me to you
What you do is what you do
You entertain
You complain
You fain
That I don’t like you
But, oh I do,
And I know you like me too
My Little Boy Blue

No comments: