Friday, April 13, 2018

NaPoWriMo: #18 about the green things


It is Friday the 13th, which I tried to write a poem about and couldn’t. I wrote a bad poem about medieval superstitions trying to tie it together and then erased that too. My brain is too tired. A friend complained that her veggie starts hadn’t come up yet and that somehow did inspire me to write a poem tonight! HA! Well, it is about that and….
 Grow Weight Wait
Little green sing to me
Sooth my ache from wet cold
Muddy feet and fair refusal
That arrests my sense of moving forward
To linking hard to those underground
Not around to hear the hard hurt
Scarred in my chest
Carved a letter
“A” for ashamed, around, arrested, and arrogant,
I plant seeds keeping moist
Hoping to see shoots
That come from not “A”
But the rest of the alphabet
Pushing up through with deep grasping roots
Which hang on,
seeking needed nutrients
Sucking up hydroponic power
To point towards the source of light
And find new ways to survive
Cleaning the air
Curing the surface
Coming together
Culling the pain
Clearing the stain

No comments: