Sunday, April 01, 2018

Happy Easter & NaPoWriMo 2018! Poems #1 & #2


It is April and National Poetry Month. Here we go again with 30 poems in 30 days. I think I’ve been doing this since 2013. I usually end up with more than 30, but I’m in grad school this year and we’ll see how it goes.

I give myself 10-15 minutes to work a rough draft and 10 more to edit and then post it. It is a good workout every year of stretching my imagination muscles. I hope you enjoy reading and take a stab or two of a poem of your own!






Indeed
It sounded like a sneeze, indeed
I didn’t know it indicated complete
The word was on repeat
Throughout my childhood
I caught the flash it lead
The blood that washed not red
Bleached white from black
It brought me back
To the how
I whispered, “Are you there?”
I wanted you to care
But dead, I wasn’t sure
You were the cure
Until your power rose
Up from and over descending
There was a rising or extending
That reached from birth to death
It gave me breath
Again to sing
Conquered my shivering
It ceased the trembling
The quakey-achey heart
Reached down into parts
Unknown
Up from the grave he arose
Like a mighty triumph ore his foes
The Victor who vanquished
My sins he languished
Away they slipped
Forever ripped
Asunder



Nobody’s Fool
The first day of forever
Stretches far as blue open sky
No clouds
The storm passed us by
A chaser saw the eye
It was a man, part God,
Who was born humble
Crawled, bawled, slobbered, waddled,
Unsure learning to walk
Talked one word at a time
He was man
Talking in the temple to his elders
Working with his hands to wood
Getting splinters and when cut bled
His hands rough,
His sweat and dirt
Came off with water
He got hungry
And when thirsty drank
A mother told him his birthright
A story of an angel who told her
She would hold him briefly
God told him from Heaven
When he was old enough to comprehend
He knew he didn’t blend
He found friends
He told them to follow
He led, even though
Some said, “He’s out of his head”
He kept on stepping onto the path
That he knew would kill him
There was life at the end
For his friends
For his foes
For those that wait
He came
He saw
He went
He rose
And he comes again

No comments: