Tuesday, April 10, 2018

NaPoWriMo: #14 & #15 Panic and Deep sexy voice


The first poem came from a little panic that began my week and was cleared away today. What week isn’t without some kind of “little panic” it seems, huh?
The other poem was inspired by my husband reading a bedtime story to our son, but he began by reminding me that he read it to me. We used to read a lot at bedtime. He read to me and it was a wonderful time. I miss it and him (obviously). He’s here, we just don’t get those quiet moments of reading together anymore. Okay, the picture isn't his sexiest, but to me it makes my heart go pitter-pat when he reads to our son.

Emergent Emergency
One little note
Induces perpetual panic
Spinning in my head
Until I can call
To hear a voice
That is the only one
That can answer my questions
The alarms are shut down
One by one by one
Calm is installed
Back to regular programming
My concentration returns
Now with laser focus

A Bedtime Story
The warmth of words well read
Are so sensual and serene
They go to my head
Dancing in scenes
Pulling me up to a plane
I don’t often see
The way a sigh escapes
Or a silent plea
The stuff of begging
That longing space
Is filled
With the thrill
Melts the chill
Can do no ill
Your voice
My choice
Commands me still

No comments: