Wednesday, April 10, 2024

 NaMoWriPo poem #11: I do love Girl Scout Lemon ups not just for the yummy taste, but the encouraging statements too as they often make me smile.

 

A Platitude Infusion

I am an innovator

At least that is what my cookie said

The tea bag chimed in

Let the opportunities come to you

My fortune cookie shouted

Yes, go ahead with confidence

And on another occasion

Advancement will visit you soon

Food and drink that bolster the body

Words to encourage or inspire

A future that isn’t this moment

Claiming what is already inside me

But when said out loud

A giggle of embarrassment

Escapes thinking these

Messages must be for someone else

Still, I stick them on my mirror

Or beside my desk on the wall

As a truth to seek

When I am not well-fed

The times I want to stay in bed

And cry out that I’m not comfortable

Being the one to lead

Or finding that one thing

Needed to save the day

So, a cookie whispering

Who I already know I am

Is a sweet treat

That gets me back on my feet

No comments: