Tuesday, April 09, 2024

NaMoWriPo #10: I have friends in Paris, Switzerland, Vietnam, Arizona, Florida, and Mexico this spring break and it’s getting to me as I haven’t traveled further than across the state border for over a year or maybe two. That is a long while for us not to go anywhere. I know, I know, first-world problem and spoiled at best, but I do love to go exploring!


My big sister and husband hiking in Eastern OR
 

Staycation Blues

I have free time that isn’t

It is full of obligation and spit

That splits me into two minds

About what I do

Or do not do

Looking at pictures

Of happy faces

In places abroad

Make me dream aloud

A road in Eastern WA out the car window.

And long for travel

Places I’ve been

or yet to go

Flow through my heart

And tug pulling me

Down those streets of

“Have to” and “can’t yet”

That are roadblocks

With large detour signs

Telling me the safer way

With fewer bumps or potholes

I’m pretty good at dodging obstacles

Besides those bad roads

Are often the way to great adventure

My hubby and son!
So, I say

Yet here I stay

Surrounded by family

Where it is cozy

Not always rosy

But I wouldn’t leave without them

To explore the more

Out there in the big wide world we adore!


Looking at Victoria from a tower.






My tall boy and I.










No comments: