Friday, April 05, 2024

 NaMoWriPo #5: Today was the last day of school before spring break began and I’m not headed anywhere on a trip this year but wishing I was going somewhere. Instead, my head is full of what I might get done here at home (as always).

 

Teacher Life

My head is not light, heavy, foggy, or confused

It feels used

Up, out, spent, or gone

Somewhere from now on

Or for tonight or tomorrow

Hard to tell

It happened when I heard the final bell

As the rumble of students filed

Outside, downstairs, into cars, away

Elated combined with lost

Freedom, no routine, boundless,

What am I going to do?

Nothing, something, everything

I must make a list

To get more done

I want more than

The time I have

Every day in this classroom

An abundance

Never enough

Accomplishment

For them or with me



No comments: