Monday, April 08, 2019

NaPoWrMo: #8 I do wish I were a tree as that seems easier?


Poem #8 My pain is distracting me tonight, so here is what you get.

Being the Tree
Heavy howling hurts
That drag down each step
And take my mind away
To the land of bogs and begs
Compromises with myself
To get through, just get through
And walk out to a light breeze
Wondering if I’ll ever be that light again
Or if this anchored to the earth
Plodding along in lead shoes
Puts me firmly on the ground
Stranded to sink in
Painkillers that do not live up
Only taking off the slight edge
The constant pulse that pulls
Pushes through
Like sap it drains out
Others find it sweet
But it is the veins of pain
That make me reach
And reach out that limb
To try to touch the sky today
Soothing the weary waters within
Growing ever so slow
To stretch out those pulses
Who pound me to a pulp
I dig deeper sending out roots
Standing tall as I dare

No comments: