Tuesday, April 03, 2018

NaWriPoMo: #6 The night before my big test!


The night before my West E Special Education Test. Not the best poem, but I've got other things to think about!

Tested
North, South, East, West,
The sun sets on tests,
I thought I had left them behind
And they were the farthest from my mind,
And yet, tomorrow, I’m to be vetted
We’ll see if I’m best to get it
I think I am and I want to shout
That tests with facts are not always the route
That one learns the material
It comes from eating cereal
With a child who tests you
You have to see him through
So you pull on those boot straps
And fill in your wide gaps
To remember what you think
On the test won’t make you sink
You prepare tonight
With all your might
Hoping for your very best
On this blasted test
It isn’t your first
And it won’t be the last
You will pass
Yes, you must last
It is only a test

No comments: