Tuesday, April 16, 2019

NaPoWriMo: #14 Desk Habits


It is not always easy to describe silly things I do at my desk to take a quick break, but somehow it works to bring me somewhere new.

Speckled Glass Wings
The cool slide
of poke-a-dot underside, slips
Over my wrist skin
Making me feel satisfied
That I know what I like
Even if it is just for a second
Or three as I think
Looking up at the blue
Outside my window
And now my head drops
Noticing my desk is
a contrasting deep royal blue
I am struck that is the color of sea
I am transported under observing
Soft sea grass waves,
Wale shark above and darkness below
I swim quiet miles meeting no one
Then to emerge, upright and no struggle,
Salt-filled water licking my ankles
I turn to squint at the endless horizon
Stretching further than sight
I stand still till rocks have shadows
The curious creatures venture out
From underneath craggy castles at dusk
to riddle with me
What is out there beyond the edge?
The curve that tilts
Wrapping round to the upside down
The water is strained
Looking so different in opposite-land
Where feet are hands and hands can be replaced
Taken off and shot into outer-space
Sound of sirens or horns knock me back
Unwanted interlopers into my smooth
Minute of grace
The blue has turned to dark gray-blue
Refocusing on the dotted widow
Tiny temples of raindropsn
That is the pin-prick persuasion
That pursues my shapes
That waltz and rumba
In my fuzzy world
Where I reach out to touch
What is there
The solid glass ladybug
I pick up again
From beside my computer
To pick her up
Sliding her up and down
My wrist ceremoniously
Till the pieces fit
And I return
In and out
As the tide

No comments: