Sunday, April 28, 2024

 NaMoWriPo #26: Perfunctory tonight, but I had to do it. I feel sooooooooo much better than a year ago! The picture is me sitting on my couch a couple of hours out of surgery feeling horrible with a long recovery ahead of me. Now, I’m really glad I went through with it as it is lovely to be pain-free! Many thanks to my husband, son, sister, and friends who kept me going during my recovery.

Shoulder Good as New

It has been a year

Since muscle was anchored and scraped

To be sewn back to where it had escaped

Afraid of the cure more than the pain

Was hard for me to explain

To people who don’t put up with such crap

They get it done before they snap

I on the other hand let it slide

Ignoring the inconvenient side

So, I can’t raise my left arm

What could be the harm?

Each month my shoulder

Feels more like a dead boulder

Except for the active ache

That keeps me constantly awake

So, I gave in and set the date

A year later I feel really great!

Normal feeling and function

has given me more gumption

To not postpone fixing pain

To repeat this cycle would be insane

No comments: