Saturday, April 05, 2014

Late Night Childhood Parliament
Whittling past the clogged brain drain
I reach back scratching around
A train track silent
Starting to thrum
Of house or home
Back where giants
Have sat for hours
On my chest
At its best I see the whole valley
From mountain or platform
High in the jungle
Above the rest at least
Beyond swinging
Gliding above it all
The clouds officiating a moment’s
Hesitation that brings
Storm to seed
Raining down
In that one tiny spot
I sit talking to these specters
That know it all
They’ve heard
Every conversation
Slight noise of inconsistency
The weeping in night
The laugher of uncertain approaches
The crisis of conscious
The permanent pole of convictions
That I raise my flag high on
And salute
A lone soldier
Geared up for war
Grinds to a halt
In the shadows within
Sweeping it all away
Unplugging that disgusting dam
Of grime that is blacker
Than the sin that is evident
The secrets wash away
With a kettle of hot water
Down the drain
Pouring over strong vinegar
And baking soda
To bubble up and away
From these thoughts
That slips out to the street
To be walked on by strangers
And carried to foreign lands

On funny fragrant shoes

No comments: